Lighting up the home for the season is a great way to add warmth and a touch of holiday spirit. Both solar and light emitting diode (LED) lights are great options for those looking to save energy and keep on budget.
The lighting team at Canadian Tire has some holiday d?cor ideas that add warmth and beauty without breaking the bank:
THE BENEFITS OF LED LIGHTS - Energy efficiency - LED lights use 80-95 per cent less energy than conventional lighting, saving money on energy bills.
- Safety - LED lights are made of non-flammable plastic epoxy that won't break, even when stepped on, and they run cool to the touch, making them a safe alternative for families with young children.
- Convenience - LED lights last up to seven times longer than traditional holiday lights, with a bulb life of 200,000 hours. They also require no replacement bulbs and have end-to-end connectors, that makes it easy to plug in multiple sets.
- Style -- LED lights have a unique shape and shimmer that provide a beautiful, bright look both indoors and out.
THE BENEFITS OF SOLAR LIGHTS - Energy efficiency - Solar lights are charged during the day from the sun's light.
- Safety -- With solar lighting there is no risk of electrocution and the lights are cool to the touch, making them safe for children and pets.
- Convenience - Solar technology can charge lights even on cloudy, winter days.
- Easy Installation - Solar lights can be placed anywhere outside your home without the hassle of extension cords.
DECORATING WITH LED LIGHTS - Adorning the outside of the house with lights and decorations immediately sets a festive tone for family and friends. Try new LED fashion glow lights available in trendy colours such as tanzanite, lime green, purple and burgundy.
DECORATING WITH SOLAR LIGHTS - Wire frame characters like reindeer, add a fun touch to the outdoors and are great for kids.
- Look for wire frame figures that use warm white solar lights for a coordinated look.