Neon, IIRC, has an orange cast to its glow while sodium has a yellow cast to its glow. The color comes from photons being emtted as electrons fall from a higher energy orbitals into a lower energy orbital. The energy difference between orbitals in neon is different from the energy difference in orbitals in sodium.
1. A street lamp weighs 150 N it's supported by two wired that form an angle of 110 with each other?
the vertical component of the tension in each wire supports half of the weight of the streetlamp the wires each form a 55 angle with the vertical (110 / 2) t cos(55) = 150N / 2 for an 80 included angle ___ t cos(40) = 75N
2. 1'16 scale street lamp 1940s?
I would get a good picture of the lamp post and head, then it's off to the hobby shop for some brass tubing, wire and wheat germ light bulbs
3. What does it mean when a street lamp goes off upon reaching it?
ah faulty wiring??
4. why does a sodium street lamp give off a different color than a neon light?
When atoms are sufficiently excited, electrons are promoted beyond the outer shell and the atom ionises. When the electron falls back again, the energy is re-emmitted as light. the wavelength of the light [it's colour] depends on the element. Hence neon gives a red light and sodium a yellow light. Incidentally, most sodium street lights contain neon as well and are red when they first come on .. when they heat up and the sodium starts vaporising, the familiar yellow appears as this colour is so intense that it swamps the weaker red.
5. would You rather be a Street-LAMP or a LAMP-Shade?
Street lamp, no question. To shine instead of shadowing another light. Be out there, meet people (or dogs at least)
6. Why would my AC unit make the street lamp turn off?
Your AC Unit probably uses a lot of energy when you turn it on, thus making the light go out
7. where can i park my bike in the city if theres no bike racks?
Park it next to a solid post like a power pole or street lamp and chain it up with a solid logging chain in a plastic hose that will not scratch your bike with a hefty padlock. Do not use a street sign or anything that can be removed with 1 bolt. U bolts and cables are junk. Ask any bike courier. Chain up both wheels as well and anything else that can be easily removed. good luck.
8. why does your shadow lengthen as you walk farther away from a street lamp?
had to do with angle
9. would You rather be a Street-LAMP or a LAMP-Shade?
Lamp shade, dogs pee on street lamps
10. Does anyone know anything about the very large dragon street lamp in Venice Italy?
I will take a look at it tomorrow...I am actually in Venice!!! Ciao... Got there and saw the dragon..though nobody knew about it...it's pretty neat
11. Is a landlord required to have a street lamp on a street when they rent every house on the street?
The only time I've ever seen privately maintained street lights is out in the country
12. would You rather be a Street-LAMP or a LAMP-Shade?
A street lamp so I could be the beacon of light that guides people to their front doors every evening. Keeping them safe from harm
13. Why is a street lamp's orange light become white before turning orange?
as the electricity is started the lamp begins to glow the wave lenght of photons emitted is large and in not much hot at that instant later after some time it will get hotter and emit photons of smaller wave length as you knoaw orage is smaller wave lenght than white
14. Calclulus - Related Rates: A 6-foot-tall woman is walking at the rate of 4 ft/sec away from a street lamp ....?
Draw a right angled triangle ABC, where